Sunday, October 07, 2018

Three More #Inktober Zentagles

Here are the Inktober Zentangles for October 4, 5, and 6. Again, I have a favorite and a non-favorite. The top one includes one more variation of the Well tangle which I like the best of those I've tried. It essentially uses echoing and shadowing with pencil to create an iron grille-like effect. I'm very happy with what I added and how it all came together.

The middle one is defaulting back to an easy tangle very much like our quilting feather and adding a simple net-like background. I didn't have a lot of time to fuss that day.

The last one turned into a bit of a jumbled mess in my opinion, with the inner shape becoming lost as I added some circular designs in the undulations - too similar to the tangles in that center. I was watching some motorcycle qualifier sessions as I drew and used a "string" in a shape like a racetrack in the center, filled with Crescent Moon tangles shaded a bit differently to resemble a motorcycle tire. Or so I hoped. But I felt I lost all that with what was added directly around it.

However, as in the last group of three where I was somewhat unhappy with the last one but rotating it seemed to help, I rotated this one too and really like the look. Now it looks a bit like an ocean scene.

 

5 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

So charming…..just love all three!!

Cate Rose said...

Your Zentangles totally rock! That first one is fantastic! xx

Charlton Stitcher said...

The fascination of rotating images. I do it all the time with my abstract pieces and am always surprised by the result - though not always pleasurably!

Living to work - working to live said...

These are rather great. Need to get back to a bit of doodling and sketch book work. Lately it's been all about lampshades!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thanks, guys! Yes, Margaret, I remember the rotating bit as a suggestion when working with more abstract designs, something I haven't done much of for a long time. Except, I did run into that a little when working with some of the Leaf Cluster prints. Sometimes the rotating confuses, other times it clarifies!

Hilary, I actually thought of you when I remembered it was time for this again, and remembering how you had given a go of doing sketches in the evening watching tv. But as I saw your lampshades going up, I somehow knew you didn't have time for this extra activity. All that stitching is a bit like drawing anyway! Your lampshades just get better and better. :-)