Monday, December 18, 2006

Look what came in the mail today!

When I left Wisconsin, I put a little bug in a friend's ear. "If perchance the guild decides to make me a going away quilt or blocks, please have them make crow's feet blocks," I implored. I know of several quilters who made a quilt from this pattern when they turned 50 - an inside joke at growing old. It's a traditional block I like and I figured I'd probably never get around to doing it for myself. So look at that - those ladies came through!

I'd like the quilt to be bigger - these are only 6 inch blocks - so when I need a change of pace, I'll break out some fabric and make additional blocks. It will be a bit of a challenge to make these disparate fabrics work together, but surely I've got something lurking in a corner that will pull it all together?

No comments: