Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Question about ornament

Margaret wanted to know if there was a pattern for the folded ornament. I just knew I should have taken the time to share that, so here's the info. I used directions from an article in Quiltmaker magazine from Nov/Dec 2000. Designer is Rebecca Wat and the original pattern along with many more is in her book "Fantastic Fabric Folding: Innovative Quilting Projects."

She's been on Simply Quilts a couple of times too. And yes, Margaret, these foldy things can be incorporated into quilts. I'm not sure I'm accurate enough to have hexagons fitting well enough together to stitch a bunch side by side - there's a lot of finger pressing in her method and I notice that my star points don't always come together quite right. I believe she attached these as ornaments to a tree quilt top.

No comments: