Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snowed in...

This is Jesse's escape route...or not, unless I get out there with a shovel. The original forecast was for an inch or two of snow overnight with accumulations up to 6 inches by tonight, but by 11:00 p.m. the local weatherman was frantically revising those numbers way up even though officially he couldn't announce the storm watch switched over to storm warning. Supposedly, I was to drive with a couple of friends the hour and a half to Spokane today for a symphony concert. But I informed them early yesterday that I wasn't willing to take the risk. They were pooh-poohing me, saying how the last time the weatherman predicted snow for our area, we got nothing because it veered south.

So when I awoke this morning to this, I felt very vindicated! At 9:30, I shoveled a path to the paper box and was astounded that there was a good foot of snow, and it's still coming down relentlessly. Revised figures for my area have been raised to 14" but I'm guessing we're already there. My stubby little dog jumped off the front porch and found herself plowing through chest-deep snows. Suffice it to say, she didn't go far and found a return route along the eaves of the house where the snow wasn't so deep.

There ya' go, BC. Come on up!

No comments: