Thursday, July 03, 2008

Skunked!

Ah yes, my stubby little Labrador who can hardly hobble off the porch these days managed to corner a skunk in the back yard last night. Sigh... Luckily, I had some odor remover left over from last year when she did this, but she really got sprayed good. Neither one of us got much sleep last night, and I continue to douse her, wash bedding and take evasive action outside where I think the rascal is hiding out. Still, I was determined to get my studio time in today and I did.


As promised, here's a picture showing a bit of the play of light my hand-dyes will give this mosaic. I finished basting the green section, then pinned and basted the purple section. But honestly, even I am tiring of basting!


And so I got out my applique needle and YLI Heirloom wt silk thread and stitched a couple of squares late this afternoon. The thread really isn't as dark as it looks in the picture, and blends very nicely. I think I will continue with the appliqueing until I tire of that, then back to more laying on of fabric and basting my squares. Yes, this is going to take some time to complete. So don't be surprised if I start on the second rendition soon - and it will be fused applique!

No comments: