Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday play


I seem to be the most susceptible to idling away time with my Paint Shop Pro program Sunday afternoons. I've been thinking about padfolios again, the poppy pictures I took recently, and Beth Wheeler's displacement maps. I wondered if I could manipulate a poppy to print out for a padfolio cover. I was rather impressed with the results above produced by my program's plasma flame displacement map. Especially since the photo I started with (below) had its problems. Making silk purses out of sows' ears I'd say!


4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I love what you've done with that image. The original is wonderful, too!

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Very cool, love what you did with the poppy print:)

imquilternity said...

Love your "play" poppy! Please show us the padfolio once you've finished it.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Thanks, thanks and thanks! Don't worry, if I ever get around to printing this on fabric for a padfolio, you can rest assured I'll be sharing the results here!