Friday, October 30, 2009

Poor Browns?



"I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns."
Sir Winston Churchill


My goodness, I find nothing poor about browns! I have a lovely array of brown fabrics, from batiks to hand-dyes to commercial prints. I had a great selection to choose from to evoke my different dancing trees.


Here are two more I'm considering to replace the dark tree in the center. Feel sorry for poor browns? I feel sorry for poor Churchill!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Generally speaking, I'm with you on browns. Brown can be awful, though. Usually it is a paint color. Yours are very nice browns.

Olga Norris said...

I love the way your trees are dancing as they are. I'm with you about brown - there's a breadth of variety in that one word.

Deborah said...

Those browns look good to me, too.

The Idaho Beauty said...

In all fairness to Churchill, he was a landscape painter, I believe, and I doubt he ever saw beautiful brown batiks like we enjoy today. Otherwise, he may not have felt so sorry for browns.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

I LOVE brown. I can't say more really x