Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Contemplating...


...threads again. This is after double checking my various dimensions, cutting the Decor Bond and backgrounds for the two remaining azalea pieces, fusing said Decor Bond and working out in my head how I will be attaching the various layers to each other.


As I suspected, I'll be using no batting on this one, and have decided to run lines of stitching about 1/2" to 3/4" apart through the center portion from one side to the other. What seems to look best, if I can trust the draping of threads, is for the line to angle from the left down to the yellow where it will go straight, then as it passes over the appliqued section it will continue dropping down in several swoops. Straight again over the yellow, then angling down and off the edge, sort of following the drop in the leaf print on that side. (Does it help to know I'm calling this "Slippery Slope?" Click on the top picture and you should be able to see what I'm talking about.) As for color, a definite no to the purple and the green, a no also for one of the red and yellow variegated threads, but a possible yes for the other one. I think either of the yellows (one silk buttonhole weight, the other rayon light weight) might work but it depends on how much I want the thread to show I think. I'll let my subconscious work on it overnight and see what I think tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I think this is going to be really wonderful.

And if you'll stop by my blog, you'll see that I've given you an award.