Monday, August 14, 2006

A Progression of Frames

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned the trouble I was having picking out new eyeglass frames on the day I was having an equally difficult time arranging squares on another in my Grid series (see here). I ended up taking the advice of my friend and checking another store's selection a few days later. Everything about that experience was better, and after a quick trip back to the original store to retry the held glasses, there was no doubt I wanted the frames I found at the second place. I picked them up on Friday and I love them! Just like in quilting, preconceived notions, holding on to a plan for all the wrong reasons and limiting options often lead to mundane outcomes, but opening oneself up to more possibilities can result in very happy endings.

I always keep my previous glasses for emergency back-up, so was searching through the drawer for that pair, only to discover I had three old pairs. Here they are, the oldest (and biggest) at the bottom, progressing upward (and ever smaller) to my brand new ones at the top. The frames are a variety of colors - red at the bottom (I also had the same frames in blue but the dog head-butted me and broke them), light brown, black, plum and now "mahogany" which really looks like chocolate brown to me.

And I gotta tell ya, those big red ones were really scary when I tried them on today...

1 comment:

Felicity Grace said...

This post made me laugh - I keep an old pair as back-up and change the lens as needed but they seem to be growing larger each time! Funny how looking back gives a much clearer perspective. Hindsight is 20/20 vision!

Hope your not too overwhelmed with clearing the chaos, I'm sure it will all be worth it when you get to your beautiful new home!