Saturday, September 08, 2012

Idle Moments



Enforced slow-down, waiting between appointments, taking a second closer look at things at my feet, all around.


This pot of plants was so so at a distance, but fascinating up close.






Lots of inspiration here.


I'm impressed by how much decorative grass is used in plantings around buildings as well as in street medians. This one is particularly attractive with its purple hue.



The Barnes & Noble Bookstore in Peace Plaza is in what was once the Chateau Theatre built in 1927. I found this short video on YouTube that shows some of the details inside including the original medieval village decorations. Of course, I was mostly attracted to the art deco details on the outside of the building.

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

That's the nicest B&N entrance I've ever seen. Sure you don't want to stay a little longer to keep exploring? :)