Sunday, September 09, 2012

Picture Postcards

I don't know about you, but I've been pretty frustrated lately with the selection of postcards available while traveling or visiting museums and exhibits. It seems that the scenic ones are for places you aren't going to, vistas you'll never see, could be a dozen different places they all look so much the same. Or they are the same old boring shots of city buildings. And thus has been my dilemma here until I stumbled on these cards in a Made in Minnesota shop.

Granted, these are of the Twin Cities, which I do not intend to visit this trip, but I do love these wonky renderings by artist Michael Birawer (click on the picture for a larger view). I definitely recognize the Minneapolis/St. Paul I often visited when I lived out in this part of the country. I wish I could find postcards like this all the time!

No comments: