Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Thank You On Veteran's Day

I'm a bit late getting this up, but I do indeed appreciate the sacrifice our Veterans have made in the service of our country. Three of my four brothers served. This is my oldest brother Waine, who was a helicopter mechanic in the Air Force in the late 1950's.












Next in line, brother Joe, who served in the Army in the early 1960's. I don't recall exactly what he did, but I remember him being stationed at Fort Ord in California.













Max served six years in the Navy mostly working with computers I believe. Oddly enough, I can't find any pictures of him in uniform - how could that be? So you'll have to make do with this shot taken in 1968 shortly after he got out and the one of his ship.




The last brother in line is Bruce, and nothing left for him but the Marines. But no, he did not enlist in the Marines or any other branch of the service. I'm not totally sure why, short of him always saying he was a lover, not a fighter. The military's not for everyone. Can't resist adding this picture of him from I think the late 60's. Gosh, we were all so young and good looking back then...


Finally, this is my nephew Doug (Joe's son) who is making a bit of a career of the Army. He is currently in Iraq for his second (or possibly 3rd) tour there and really likes the army life.


Kudos to you all.

No comments: