Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Artwork vs Works of Art

"All paintings are artwork, but precious few become works of art - just as the fact that a pianist can play all the correct notes doesn't assure an inspired performance."

Peter Fiore, Landscape painter, September 2008 issue of The Artist's Magazine


Nothing new to show today. Didn't get as far on beading as I'd hoped - spent a couple of hours walking and driving around town putting up flyers for my art exhibit at the church. I really hate this task, but it had a few bright moments when a couple of shopowners actually had time to chat and asked questions about the event.

So in lieu of progress, I give you the above quotation to contemplate. I'm sure my joint exhibit will have some of both.

1 comment:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I gues we just have to keep our spirits up till we get intersted in or inspired by something!