Monday, September 29, 2008

Life's little surprises

Another pet emergency (and just when she seemed to be doing better), another derailment of studio plans. Ah well, life has a way of making the little decisions for you. Wondered all weekend if I could get a couple small pieces done for the show this weekend, not liking the thought of working under pressure and distracted, feeling like I should anyway - that decision kind of taken out of my hands now.

The upside was once home, I had instructions from the vet to sit with said pet outside while she slept off some sedation. I knew it was to be a warm and lovely day and that I'd want to spend lots of time in it but could ill afford to. Like I said, sometimes life just makes those decisions for you.

So I wrote a long letter to a friend (instead of composing it on the computer like I usually do), lingered over my mail, started a book from the library with a short check-out time, breathed in the fresh air, and returned to the day by day mindset and accepting that I will get done what needs to get done, and if I don't, the world won't end.

No comments: